Wednesday 14 August 2013

The Quiff Hairstyle

The quiff has made a comeback so let's talk all things quiff-y.

Before we advance, I have to confess that I have a quiff. It isn't the best quiff but then I don't have the best hair. It is The One Show of hair - safe, dependable but quite boring.

A few months ago I had let my hair grow long enough and inspired by recent trends, I let the quiff happen. It was beautiful.

What makes the quiff such a generation spanning style?

That is probably because it is almost effortless and simple yet offers plenty of variety. The quiff can be of varying lengths, different angles and it is an option open to most men with some form of length at the front.

All it takes is for one celebrity to sport a quiff and it is back in fashion. In recent years we have seen David Beckham, Zac Efron, Justin Bieber to most of One Direction  trying out the style and it has now become as common place in society as skinny jeans.

(c) style-den.com

The quiff can be difficult to maintain. I didn't used to be one for constantly checking my hair but ever since the quiff happened, I have been checking my hair more than I really should be.

After a shower this morning I followed my usual hair routine - wash, towel dry, style with product then blow dry but it ended up all over the place. I am starting to think that I may need a hair cut and some length may need to be taken off.

A short quiff looks like the future for me.

What are your thoughts on the quiff? Let me know in the comments or tweet me @Alex_Harris1991

No comments:

Post a Comment