Monday 15 July 2013

Awkward Gym Situations

I've recently started going to the gym regularly and I noticed a few things...

The Posers

We are all posers at heart, but some people at the gym take it to levels that should be illegal. The typical gym poser will start longingly in the mirror admiring their appearance just a little too much.

I was doing some squats today when a man on the machine behind me stared at himself in the mirror in an aggressive manner. He looked like he was either so ashamed of his appearance or so in love with his looks that he was ready to beat anyone up who dared say otherwise. Or perhaps he was on steroids.

The Naked Changing Room Guys

As I go to the gym on a day when I am doing nothing, I walk or cycle there and back so I don't bother showering at the gym as I will build up a sweat on the journey home. Don't worry, I shower when I get home.

The gym I go to enforces a rule of no bags in the main area so I have to put mine in a locker in the changing room. In the 60 seconds or so that it takes to get my water out of my bag and put it in the locker there is always some old guy just wandering around with nothing to protect his man-parts. Please cover it up with a towel, we don't want to see your shrivelled up penis.

The Cool Guys

There is always someone who turns up in what would be considered fashionable clothing constantly pouting. Why are they doing this? You are there to work out, not to look cool.

The Guy in Jeans

One of the numerous rules at my gym is to wear appropriate clothing such as sport shorts, t-shirts, vests and trainers.

I once saw a middle-aged man using weight machines in a pair of jeans and shirt. He must have realised he looked ridiculous.

The Guy in a Cycling Jersey

There is also this man who regularly frequents the gym in a cycling jersey and he spends well over an hour on the bikes.

Surely if he just scrapped his membership and brought a bike then he would save money in the long run? Maybe he never passed his cycling proficiency test?

Have you got any awkward gym situations to share? If so then leave me a comment and don’t forget to follow my links below for the latest updates. 

Follow me on Twitter @Alex_Harris1991

No comments:

Post a Comment