Friday 5 July 2013

Vo5 Extreme Style Gunk Go Shampoo

I ran out of shampoo a while ago so I’ve been secretly using some of my family’s products but after noticing their recent advertising campaign, I thought I’d give Vo5 Extreme Style’s new shampoo range a go.

Vo5 is the UK’s best-selling styling brand so it’s no surprise that they have finally added a shampoo range to their Extreme Style portfolio.

The range has been launched too much fan-fare online with an Extreme Shampooing challenge which has seen YouTube star Jim Chapman use the shampoos in conditions ranging from under a waterfall to the top of Ben Nevis.

There are five different shampoos in the range – Clean Up (which also comes in a 2-in-1), Flake off (also comes in a 2-in-1), Gunk Go, Thicken Up and Anti Fluff.

I picked up the Gunk Go shampoo in Boots for just £2.99 which is great value. Gunk Go is billed as clearing up and getting rid of product build up which is an appealing angle for those who use a lot of product when styling.

I use a fair bit of product in my hair so I thought it would be a good starting point.

The range is supposedly priced to retail at £2.99 and I think my local branch of Boots may have made a labelling error as the 2-in-1 bottles were priced at £9.99.

The Gunk Go liquid comes out the bottle in an aqua-blue colour and it lathers up well ensuring a clean wash.

I noticed that I didn’t have little drips of product still clinging on to my hair for dear life so it does its job well.

My hair felt light and bouncy once towel dried and I was able to re-apply hair product with no problem.


All in all, it seems like a good product which is pitched at a good price. I’ll definitely try out the other shampoos in the range to find my favourite one. 



Have you used Vo5 Extreme Style's shampoo range? If so then leave me a comment and don’t forget to follow for the latest updates. 

Twitter: @Alex_Harris1991
E-Mail: alexgharris@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment